The Garw Valley had 6 deep pits and numerous levels (drift mines). The deep pits were:
- Lluest – working in 1880 and closed in 1902
- Ffaldau – sunk in 1877 and closed in 1985
- Darren – sunk in 1880s and closed in 1924
- Glenafon – sunk in 1903 and closed in 1959
- International – sunk in 1890-1893 and closed in 1967
- Garw – sunk in 1883 and closed in 1985
The only thing left now is the concrete caps where the Darren and Lluest pits have been filled in and there are lakes where the Garw Colliery once stood.